Sponsored

evergreen thoughts

Discussion in 'Kaleidoscope (Life Snippets)' started by girija chandru, Sep 20, 2016.

Sponsored

1. girija chandru

girija chandru Pillars of LW LW WRITER

Sponsored

Today, Iam starting this thread to share my very important life incidents..... hope i will continue to motivate... and never demotivate anybody....

do you know why??? i had been demotivated a lot..... i came up (i am sure thta I am high up in my life when i go down my meory lane...) like a suyambu.... ofcourse with such kindness, tenderness from my parents.... especially my dad....

venila and mithravaruna like this.

2. girija chandru

I am crazy about english. As a keralite, in my house, i was taught malayalam as the mother tongue.... I learnt hindi out of my own interest... I know sanskrit. I laso learnt telugu a little... 9after my marriage).

How is it possible for me to speak somewhat better than others???

(my mind travels back to my age of five...)

My dad, an expert in english used to walk along with me, asking me to narrate what all happened in school in english... he used to count my mistakes using his fingers... My heart will go lup tup fast... fast.....

after coming home, he will make me sit enxt to him, and telle me what are all the mistakes i did....

This happened in routine from my five years to 10 years... inmy eleventh year, there came a day, when my dad couldn't find any mistakes at all in my spoken english. he was very, very ahppy. the next day, i wrote a poem in english titled "my teacher" and got a cash award of rs.500/-. my dad preserved that rs.500/- for more than a year !!!!

My dad used to tell me, "ammu, there is nothing impossible in this world... the only thing is you have to show interest to learn. when i was in sixth standard, i was not at all good in english. i remember a title called "my garden" given to me... I wrote that essay in a miserable manner. i got zero !!! my english teacher mr.mahadeva iyer came home that day and told my dad, "enna krishna iyer, unga elder son ippadi mosamaa english ezhudhi irukkaan... and.. you are an expert in english !!!" my dad just laughed. he got me the ren adn martin book the next day... i studied on my own, the next 15 days. after that there was an essay titled, "my school". In that essay i got 9/10.It is possible dear...."

He was the source of all my encouragement... without him, i ma nothing. i surrender all my good qualities under my dad's feet. (all my bad qualities are my own !!!! ha ha ha .....)

venila likes this.

3. venila

venila Bronze Wings New wings

Nice mam, really your dad is great, hats off to him

girija chandru likes this.

4. girija chandru

I was such a jealousy child, you know......

when i was around 2 years and 9 months old, (very old girl???) My brother griish was born in my native place, Trivandrum, Kerala. All the neighbours came to see him. It was the tenth day of his birth. So, he was put in a neat little cot, namakaranam ceremony was being conducted. (naturally, everyone will see only the newborn child !!!!but jealousy greeny girija doesn't know that at that age !!!!).

I was also decked up well in pattu pavadai,jhumkas and all., with lots of flowers on my uchchu kudumi, but, none turned towards me... i tried to drag some of my relatives with my chit-chatter..... but none bothered....

I was so irritated, and I said the following words.... can you imagine???

""பெரிய குழந்தையைப் பெத்துட்டாளாம் ... பார்க்க வந்து இருக்காங்க"

everyone was stunned. then, muy mother called me and petted me for 5 minutes... only after that i became somewhat alright.... i was told....

venila likes this.

5. venila

venila Bronze Wings New wings

I think so, many of them have this attitude in their childhood:):):)

girija chandru likes this.