Sponsored

Stem cell banking for good health of baby

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by Malini Aravind, Jun 16, 2015.

Sponsored
  1. Malini Aravind

Malini Aravind Wings New wings

Recently, my husband and I were approached by LifeCell stem cell banking to take up their service and preserve my baby's stem cells. I have heard about stem cell banking aka cord blood banking service in India. It is a very useful health cover that can protect the child from various disease conditions like stroke, heart problems, cancer, blood related problems etc. You can read a lot of articles about the benefits and usefulness of stem cell banking.
    The real question is which bank to choose? There are many stem cell companies in India offering stem cell services for the pregnant couples so it becomes really difficult to choose one:
    Here are some ways by which you can choose:
    Look for their lab and technology advancements. You should also check their customer service, logistics partner, insurance cover, company safety and finally gyecologist's opinion.
    We selected Lifecell after having presentation from lifecell, cryobank and cordlife. We liked lifecell's professional approach and best service. They are prompt on time and provided many information. The procedure is also safe and simple. They said they could come and collect the samples in any hospital so we were relieved. We recently signed up and got a gift voucher too. However, choosing the stem cell that suits your budget and liking is your choice. but it is important not to miss stem cell banking. Remember, this is a one time opportunity :)

2. PremaBarani

PremaBarani Contributor New wings

Hi Malini
    It is very nice you brought up this topic.
    As you said stem cells are really life-saving , not only to that child but also to the whole family.
    Can you please tell us the cost roughly so that it will be usefulo for others also.
    Prema Barani

3. Malini Aravind

Malini Aravind Wings New wings

Thanks a lot Prema Barani, I'm happy that my post could be useful to others :) :)
    The pricing differs from one company to other. With LifeCell, they have a flexible price plan. Initial storage fee comes to Rs. 20,000 and after that we can pay (1) once in every year (around Rs. 4000), (2) pay for 21 years which is around Rs. 30,000 and (3) lifetime plan where you pay only once.. it comes to Rs. 50000- Rs. 60000. we are planning to go for life time plan which we felt is cost effective.
    One thing I like about them is that everybody can save their child's stem cells because paying 4000 every year is affordable for many of us.
    I may not be clear but you can contact them for better pricing options. I couldn't find the executive's number right now but you can find in their website.
    I'll try to post the number when I find it.

4. Kusumrao

Kusumrao Wings New wings

When I came to know that my sister was expecting, I started researching on some prenatal care tips online. I wanted to do something for her baby and help her through her pregnancy. Being a medical student myself, I suggested her to go for cord blood preservation. She decided to do this via Babycell. Every single detail and reports were conveyed efficiently. My sister and her husband were really happy with the services from Babycell.

5. jyotipatkar

jyotipatkar Wings

I came across a pregnancy care blog and got to know about Mummy ki Paathshaala sessions-http://babycell.blog.com/2016/02/24/pregnancy-–-mummy-ki-paathshaala/ . To my surprise, these pre-natal sessions are really interesting and fun! I’m six months pregnant and will probably attend more MKPs in the next few weeks. Hope to meet a lot of amazing to-be-mommies there and socialize with them :)

6. jyotipatkar

jyotipatkar Wings

I came across a pregnancy care blog and got to know about Mummy ki Paathshaala sessions-http://babycell.blog.com/2016/02/24/pregnancy-–-mummy-ki-paathshaala/ . To my surprise, these pre-natal sessions are really interesting and fun! I’m six months pregnant and will probably attend more MKPs in the next few weeks. Hope to meet a lot of amazing to-be-mommies there and socialize with them :)

7. singhtanya

singhtanya Wings New wings

When my friend told me that she was expecting, the first thing I did was to gather all the information online about pregnancy and newborn care. I came across this article on prenatal care tips which recommended the prenatal tests that are essential for the mother - http://blog.babycell.in/?p=446. I subscribed for Babycell’s newsletter and recommended her to go for their stem cell banking services. She went through with it and is thankful to me till date, for the excellent prenatal care, pregnancy tips and timely collection during the delivery of her baby boy’s cord blood. I’d recommend Babycell to all pregnant women!